Making the quilt
Attempting to make my second quilt. Making it up as I go along. No pattern or the like. Will also be for my granddaughter. Used Bonnet Sue ready made fabric squares that are 11 X 14 inches square along with two other printed design s on squares the same size.
The Bonnet Sue squares are yellow, green and red on a white background. Two different squares. One has a green dress on Sue and one with a yellow dress on Sue, with Sue wearing a red bonnet on both of them.
I introduced the pink/red/green fabric mainly because my granddaughter's bedroom is pink, so the quilt will match her room.
The other fabric, the yellow/green/red is similar to the fabric I used on the backing of the other quilt that I made up for my granddaughter, which was the first one that I ever made up, the Strawberry Shortcake Quilt Set earlier this year.
Link to the Strawberry Shortcake Quilt Set
Still working on the quilt. Altogether, there's a total of 25 squares, the 11 X 14 inch size on the front of the quilt. It's present size is 52 X 70 inches square, with the back being just one giant square. I might be adding some rick rack or the like to the front of the quilt. Undecided at this point. Thinking of using it to seperate the different color schemes that I used on the quilt, like a color block or the like.
5 squares wide by 5 squares long = a total of 25 squares used on the front of the quilt. Only 4 across showing in the photo below. The unseen 5th row which is hanging off the table on the other side is the same as the first row which is hanging over the side of the table in this photo. If you go to the top of this post and look at the first photo, the photo shows the 5 squares going down the quilt.
Will be uploading more photos as I go along. Hope to have this quilt completed by midnight Saturday, if all goes well. I started making this quilt earlier this week, on Monday.
Monday - After deciding what fabrics to use with the ready made 11 X 14 inch Bonnet Sue fabric squares, cut out the 11 X 14 inch yellow & pink fabric squares.
Tuesday - Sewed the 25 squares together. In the evening went to Walmart's to pick up the batting for the quilt.
Wednesday - Cut up the 52 X 70 inch square backing. Pinned all 3 layers together, the front, the batting and the back. Had to trim the batting to size. Took the above photos. All of them, except for the Strawberry Shortcake quilt photo.
Thursday - Still working on this post, well after midnight. Still adding to it at 1:30 AM.
My two felines, Velvet & Sparky are behaving pretty well. That is, after I chases them away, several times, away from this sewing project. In the photo below, they're laying on the floor, side by side, like 2 well behaived cats...LOL.